Home Energy Ratings (HERS) and Audits
Home comfort levels, quality of life and high energy bills are all issues that are driving increasing numbers of Americans to make their homes more energy efficient. One of the first steps is getting a certified RESNET Home Energy Rater to carry out an energy rating on your home, so that you know where you stand.
What is an Energy Rating?
- Measurement of how energy efficient your home is using energy modeling, blower door tests, duct testing, and other home performance evaluations.
- Using the HERS Index score to estimate the energy efficiency of a home that is being constructed or renovated. It’s similar to the miles per gallon rating for your car.
Benefits of an Energy Rating
- Helps you calculate the true cost of homeownership (it’s not just all about mortgage payments!), and could help you get an Energy Improvement Mortgage or Energy Efficient Mortgage.
- Could put you on the path to increasing your home’s resale value.
- Improve the overall comfort of your home.
- Show you how to reduce your energy bills.
As Certified HERS Rater, LG Squared, Inc. can help you learn more about the current efficiency of your home, and show you where it may be able to improve. We will provide a thorough analysis of your home, the improvements, and what the R.O.I. (return on investment) would be on any of those improvements.
You might be surprised at how simple measures can save a lot of energy, and ultimately save you money.