HVAC Design (Manual J, Manual S and Manual D)
Homeowner comfort and satisfaction, energy efficiency, and indoor air quality are primary goals of any Heating and Cooling System (HVAC). If your building new or remodeling your existing single- or multi-family home, the simplest and most effective way to meet these goals is to have the systems designed with the homeowner in mind. It must be done right using the latest design protocol and calculation software available. The days of 400-600 square feet per ton are over. Over-sized equipment leads to higher upfront cost, discomfort, and poor indoor air quality.
Properly designed HVAC systems involves a 4-step calculation and design process that factors in the home’s building shell and its components, the people living in it and their lifestyle, location and orientation, fresh air ventilation and so much more. Properly designed HVAC systems fit within the building’s structure and design, run efficiently, and maintain comfort and adequate amounts of fresh air.
“…It’s both a joy & a relief NOT to feel a need to review this with “eagle eyes”! I’m grateful to have your competencies AND YOUR HUMAN QUALITIES in our joint effort!!” - Gordie F., M.D., homeowner, Rhode Island.
Why work with LG Squared, Inc.
- We have an architect that also does HVAC design! In fact, he’s become somewhat of an expert with it. Our HVAC designer is not only an architect, but a certified home energy rater, building science and green building professional, as well.
- He uses the latest software to perform all calculations and design.
- He always includes ventilation system design in to every design. A rarity!
- He has actually installed HVAC systems, and know what it takes to design and install them correctly.
- He has completed hundreds of load calculations and complete HVAC designs for single- and multi family homes across the United States and Canada.
- He’s worked with nearly all residential green building programs; ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, Building America, EarthCraft House, Enterprise Green Communities, and more, to deliver the Manual J, S, T and D documentation that they require, and more!
- He works with Homeowners, HVAC Contractors, Developers, Architects, Builders, Manufacturers, you name it! His solutions include detailed equipment specifications, duct system performance requirements (tightness, etc.), duct sizing and layout in full size (24×36) mechanical drawings, water heating specifications and design, ventilation system requirements, and much more.
- He has designed and specified most types of residential HVAC equipment, including:
“…Having had the opportunity to work closely with you on some HVAC designs, I can definitely attest to your value and detail oriented nature. Thanks for all you have done for me and I look forward to many more designs…” – Jamie Kaye, Elm Energy Group, Home Energy Rater, Hilton Head Island, S.C.
It takes a knowledge of building science, architecture, construction, efficiency and listening to the needs of the homeowner’s and/or project team to deliver a right-sized, efficient HVAC System and Design.
“I am completely satisfied and so glad I contacted you to perform the correct way of designing my system.” - Chris Conlon, Strongsville, OH.
“Thanks for your help! Your designs look beautiful.” – Jamie Kaye,Elm Energy Group