Tag Archives: design-build

Tiny House Design Build, Part One – Site Clearing

Tiny House Design Build, Part One – Site Clearing Preparations for building our 450 square foot Tiny House started this past week with the clearing of the site on an 8-acre property on the banks of the Withlacoochee River in central Florida. The design is being finalized this week, and we should have a permit from Hernando County sometime in the middle […]

Read More

Design and Build Smart: Use Advanced Framing to Save Time, Money and Energy

Employing Advanced Framing Techniques during the design and construction phases saves on labor, material and the amount of heat loss in a new home. 25% of a the building shell area in a typical home is made of wood. The other 75% is primarily windows, doors, insulation, finishes and cladding. When you factor in the […]

Read More